Why is talking about faith often awkward and filled with clichés? Why
do our conversations about faith rarely grip people and intrigue them?
Mark Roques has spent his life tackling this issue and is convinced that
our evangelism can be transformed if we ‘do an Apostle Paul’ and learn
to understand and engage with the beliefs that shape our world.
In this course Mark will move us step by step through the world of
religious and secular beliefs, equipping us to talk about the Christian
faith in a way that is both engaging and insightful.
We will meet over seven Monday evenings, from 7:30 to 9:30, at 2 Dale
Villas, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4JN.
- 16th February 2015: Pagan Religions Part 1: How to talk to people who believe in fate, astrology, magic and the pagan gods.
- 23rd February 2015: Pagan Religions Part 2: How to talk to people who love New Age ideas.
- 2nd March 2015: Eastern Religions: How to talk to Buddhists and Hindus and those who believe in karma and reincarnation.
- 9th March 2015: The Enlightenment: How to talk to people who worship science, technology and progress.
- 16th March: Romanticism: How to talk to people who believe in themselves, their dreams, and the pursuit of celebrity.
- 23rd March 2015: Naturalist Dogma: How to talk to aggressive atheists and materialists.
- 30th March: Postmodernist Confusion: How to talk to people who create their own religions and say that all truth is relative.
The course costs £40. Places are limited so book early.